Buy sliced mushrooms, pre-cut squash and prebaked flatbread, then pile on the topping for a football party or easy family supper.
Makes 4 flatbreads
- 8 ounce wheel Marin French Traditional Brie
- 4 ounces butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 ounces pancetta, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 4 prebaked flatbread shells
- 1 bunch chives, finely sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast until squash is barely tender, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper to taste. Sauté until the mushrooms are browned.
- Brush the flatbreads lightly with the remaining olive oil. Divide the cooked squash, pancetta and mushrooms evenly between the four flatbreads.
- Slice MFC Brie into triangles and arrange on top of flatbreads. Bake until the cheese just starts to melt, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chives.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan