This is the ultimate, can’t-miss party-pleasing baked Brie recipe! Chef Jacquelyn makes it simple, Marin French Brie or Camembert guarantee success. For those who want to skip the crust, use the topping idea and warm the Brie in a ceramic baker with lid.
- 8 ounce wheel Marin French Traditional Brie, Camembert or Triple Crème Brie
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and cut into a 12 inch circle
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place brie in the center of the pastry circle and sprinkle the top with the cherries and almonds.
- Pull the pastry gently up around the brie towards the center of the cheese making regular folds until a neat bundle is formed. Tuck the last fold under itself and press lightly to secure.
- Using a small pastry brush, brush the top and sides of the pastry with egg wash.
- Place on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake for 25 minutes or until pastry begins to brown (The pastry can be covered with aluminum foil to slow down browning). Reduce the temperature to 325°F and bake for another 20 minutes
- Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with sliced baguette, apples, pears or your favorite salumi.