Yields 1 mini loaf (5.75 by 3-inches); about 24 crackers
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons (12 g) arrowroot starch
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) golden flaxseed meal
- 1/2 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/8 + 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 + 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee) or coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond “milk”
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 Medjool date, pitted and finely chopped
Macerated Strawberries and Fresh Mint
(Serve with Marin French Cheese Petite Breakfast)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
Blueberry Thyme Sauce
( Serve with Marin French Cheese Petite Supreme )
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 pinch sea salt
Quick Pickled Jalapeños with Red Onion
( Serve with Marin French Cheese Petite Jalapeño )
- 4 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- For the loaf, preheat oven to 350F; generously grease a mini (5.75 by 3-inch) loaf pan with ghee or coconut oil. Whisk together the almond meal, coconut sugar, arrowroot starch, flaxseed meal, tapioca starch, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. Whisk together the slightly cooled ghee or coconut oil, eggs, almond “milk”, vinegar, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry all at once and stir until combined, being careful not to over-mix. Immediately pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until fully chilled, at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- To make the crispbread, once the loaf is fully chilled, preheat oven to 350F. Thinly slice the loaf into slices 5mm thick. Line up the slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake until toasted on both sides, about 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Cool completely before serving.
- For the Macerated Strawberries and Fresh Mint, stir together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve on top of a crispbread along with a slice of Marin French Cheese Petite Breakfast.
- For the Blueberry Thyme Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Cool to room temperature (the sauce will thicken as it cools). Serve on top of a crispbread along with a slice of Marin French Cheese Petite Supreme.
- For the Quick Pickled Jalapeños with Red Onion, stir together the hot water, sugar, and salt in a small bowl until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Stir in the peppercorns, vinegar, jalapeños, and red onion and let it sit for 10 minutes. Serve on top of a crispbread along with a slice of Marin French Cheese Petite Jalapeño.
Crispbread recipe inspired by and adapted from my recipe for Best Paleo Sandwich Bread.
By Faith Gorsky, www.AnEdibleMosaic.com