Indulgent, luscious Brie melted on a grilled burger transforms ho-hum burgers to oh-yum burgers! All of our soft-ripened cheeses are delicious melted on burgers but Jalapeño Brie adds spicy warmth that’s irresistible. For a meatless burger, top a grilled portabella mushroom with creamy, spicy Jalapeño Brie.
Makes 4 Burgers
- 8 ounces Marin French Jalapeño Brie, sliced lengthwise
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef, turkey or lamb
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Form ground meat into 4 patties. Handle gently to avoid the patties being tough. Salt & pepper patties.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place patties on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side, or until done to your preference.
- Remove patties from grill and let rest. Place Brie slices on top of burgers to melt. Cover lightly with foil for 3 minutes.
- Briefly grill burger buns while burgers are resting and cheese is melting. Place patties with cheese on bun. Garnish with your favorite condiments.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan