Grilled vegetables are quick & easy on the outdoor grill or a stovetop grill pan. When summer vegetables disappear from the market, replace them with winter squash, root vegetables or eggplant. What makes this salad a year-round winner is the addition of creamy, luscious Marin French Brie, in every season!
- 4 ounces Marin French Triple Crème Brie*, sliced with rind on
- 3 pounds small creamer potatoes**, cut in half
- 6 romaine hearts
- 1 large red onion, cut into thick slices
- 4½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red chili flakes or Aleppo pepper for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 2 teaspoons salt. Add the potatoes and cook until the potatoes are just tender, 7-10 minutes. Drain potatoes thoroughly and pat dry. Toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
Place romaine hearts and onion slices on baking sheet. Lightly salt the vegetables with 1 teaspoon salt and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and lightly oil the grate or heat a grill pan on the stove over medium heat.
Arrange the potatoes and vegetables on the preheated grill and cook until tender and slightly charred.
Arrange the vegetables on a platter and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and the remaining ½ tablespoon olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sliced Brie on top of warm vegetables and let melt slightly.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes or Aleppo pepper if more spice is desired.
* All Marin French soft-ripened cheeses will be delicious in this salad.
**If small creamer potatoes are not available, substitute any size low starch potato cut in small pieces.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan