We love Petite Breakfast cheese on toast year-round, but when asparagus comes into the market we think of spring brunch with Petite Breakfast cheese – the perfect tangy, fresh Brie partner to tuck into an omelet.
Makes 2 omelets
- 4 ounces (one wheel) Marin French Petite Breakfast cheese, crumbled or shredded
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ounces fresh asparagus, lightly steamed and patted dry
- 1 bunch chives, sliced thinly
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined and frothy.
In an 8-inch nonstick skillet or omelet pan over medium heat, add 1-tablespoon butter until foamy.
- Add half of the egg mixture and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan evenly. Using a heat resistant rubber spatula, stir the eggs lightly until almost set but still moist. Pat the egg curds into an even layer with the spatula.
- Arrange half of the cheese and asparagus on one side of the omelet and cook undisturbed until the eggs are set and the cheese has melted.
- Lift an edge of the omelet with the spatula and fold one half over the other to close. Slide onto a plate and garnish with the chives.
- Repeat instructions for the second omelet using the remaining butter, egg mixture, cheese and asparagus.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan