Makes 12 muffins
- 8 ounces (2 cups) Marin French Camembert or Petite Camembert, cut into ¼-½ pieces
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, basil or chives, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and dust muffin tins with flour or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine the buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, cheese and the herb of your choice.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture. Using a folding motion, combine the mixtures but do not over mix. Fold in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Spoon the batter into the tins or cups approximately ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until muffins are golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan