This is a melty-luscious sandwich. Triple Crème Brie studded with black truffles – Who can resist?! Chef Jacquelyn includes a bonus recipe for sweet-tart roasted Balsamic onions.
Makes 6 Paninis
- 8 ounces Marin French Truffle Brie
- 6 Panini buns or 12 thick bread slices
- 6 tablespoons sweet butter
- 6 tablespoons apple butter
- 6 tablespoons whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 1 pound sliced roasted turkey
- 4 ounces Arugula
- Balsamic onions**
- Slice each bun in half horizontally or lay out the bread slices. Spread butter onto the both cut sides. On one half spread the apple butter over the butter, on the other half, spread mustard over the butter.
- Portion the roasted turkey in layers on one half of the prepared buns or bread. Layer the cheese slices over the turkey.
- Portion the arugula on the sandwiches and place the balsamic onions on top of the arugula.
- Place the remaining half of the bun or bread on top. Place a heavy object on top of the sandwiches to weight them. Paninis may be made in advance to this point.
- Preheat the Panini Press to high or sear. Place 1-2 sandwiches into the press and close the lid. Cook until the cheese is melted.
**Balsamic Onions Recipe: Toss 3 cups red onion slices with 1½ tablespoons olive oil, ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast covered in a 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to roast for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan