An appetizer for the indecisive! Creamy Brie and tangy goat cheese – warm and ready for dunking. Cabecou comes already marinated in oil & herbs to use as an instant seasoning.
- 1/2 wheel Marin French Triple Crème Brie
- 1 jar (6.2 ounces) Laura Chenel’s Chèvre Cabecou
- 4 tablespoons of the Cabecou oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small jar (12-15 ounces) roasted red peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped herbs of your choice*
- Freshly ground black pepper or red pepper flakes
- Sliced plain or toasted baguette
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour Cabecou oil into a heat-proof ceramic dish to cover the bottom. Arrange cheese in the oil and sprinkle the red peppers slices over the cheeses. Drizzle with a little more oil. Scatter the herbs and pepper over the top and bake until the cheese is warmed through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with warm bread or the toasted baguette slices.
*Mix & match: parsley, thyme, tarragon, oregano and rosemary are good choices.
Recipe by Chef Jacquelyn Buchanan